Re: XFree86 3.3.2-2 and xlib6

On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 08:00:55PM +0100, Alexander Shumakovitch wrote:

> I couldn't wait for dinstall, so I've installed this package myself. Now I
> have the following message from Netscape 4.04 (that is a libc5 program):
> > netscape: locale `C' not supported.
[...]
> And then "Bus error". I didn't have this message before when I had the libc5
> libraries from stable xlib6 (xlib6_3.3-4.deb), but I had completely the same
> behaviour with XFree 3.3.1 (pre-frozen version). Now I'll have to put the
> stable libraries back (for the third time in four days :-( ). Should I report
> this as a bug?

I hate to give you the "well, it works for me" response, but...

Please don't file a bug...not yet.  I'm running netscape4 as well, using
the xlib6 3.3.2-2 package, and I do not get this error.  Therefore the
problem most likely involves some other package(s).

ii  netscape4       4.0-7          Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (ins
ii  motifnls        2.1-1.1        Files needed to run some Motif applications.
ii  ldso            1.9.7-1        The Linux dynamic linker, library and utilit
ii  libc5           5.4.38-1       The Linux C library version 5 (run-time libr
ii  xlib6           3.3.2-2        Shared libraries required by X clients
ii  xpm4.7          3.4j-0.6       X Pixmap libraries (for libc5) - runtime

These are the latest hamm versions of these packages as of this morning.
Make sure you have all of these, then try again.  If it still fails, we'll
check into things further.

BTW, I'm replying to the list on this as well on this matter because I've
seen other people on the IRC channel with this problem, so Mr. Shumakovitch
is not alone.

--
G. Branden Robinson                 | "Why do we have to hide from the police,
Purdue University                   | Daddy?"