Re: The UNIX/Linux representative at Monday's Netscape compile..

Amos Shapira wrote:

> Gordon Russell <g.russell@dcs.napier.ac.uk> wrote:
> |Unfortunately I have converted all my mail over to netscape. Is it going to co
> |me
> |with something to allow users to convert from netscape database format to some
> |thing
> |else?
> |G.
>
> If you are reffering to messages' contents then I suspect that the
> format is standard UNIX mailbox.

Just to confirm...you are absolutely corretc...in fact I have been looking at
using a differnt mail client from Netscape
(in anticipation of 5.0 not comming with the mail client) and....
I did this (while I had "no mail") /....
cp ~/nsmail/inbox /var/spool/mail/sjc
then I ran another e-mail client and it picked it up as if it was all new mail
just fine...
...does anyone know aout the other files...they have these other files like
"inbox.xxx" (I forget the  letters
and am too lazy to look eem up)
are those a standard format too?
-Steve