Re: filesystems not unmounted on reboot (was: Re: Two hard-to-find problems)

[miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)]
> In article <[🔎] 19980324002956.63684@vaxerdec.dyn.ml.org>,
> Scott McDermott <vaxerdec@frontiernet.net> wrote:
> >Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> on Mon, Mar 23, 1998 at 11:07:04PM +0100:
> >>
> >> How exactly do they do this? I assume they have a modified mount
> >> command for that.

It's a mount option to /etc/fstab.  According to 'man mount', what we
need is the option 'errors=remount-ro' applied to each line mounting
and ext2 partition.

If someone could tell me where /etc/fstab comes from I could submit a
bug against that package to add the bug report to and I'll add it.