Re: XFree86 3.3.2-1 ... come and get it, boys

hey, this was an easy one. if you look at debian/rules, you'll see the
following:

build-old:
       $(checkdir)
       mkdir $(L5) && cp -a include config lib Makefile $(L5)/
       cp -a Imakefile.l5 $(L5)/Imakefile
       sed s/@ARCH@/$(A)/ < debian/site.def.l5.in > $(L5)/config/cf/site.def
       mkdir -p $(L5)/programs/Xserver
       cp -a programs/Xserver/include $(L5)/programs/Xserver
       (cd $(L5); PATH=/usr/$(A)-linuxlibc1/bin:$$PATH $(MAKE) BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS="$(L5FLAGS)" World >& World.log)
       (cd $(L5); PATH=/usr/$(A)-linuxlibc1/bin:$$PATH $(MAKE) BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS="$(L5FLAGS)" install install.man DESTDIR=$(DEBTREEDIR5) >& Install.log)
       touch build-old

look at the PATH. it just makes sure that the directory with altgcc
comes in first. since the two executables have the same name, if
altgcc is not installed make happily uses the libc6 gcc. maybe you
should add a check to make sure that altgcc actually exists before
building the old target (check on the existence of the directory).

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |