Re: XFree86 3.3.2-1 ... come and get it, boys

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 01:39:56PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >>"David" == David Engel <david@sw.ods.com> writes:
>
> David> There is a very serious error in the xlib6 package.  The
> David> libraries were built with libc6 when they should have been
> David> built with libc5.  If a user installs this package, it will
> David> break any libc5-based X programs they have.
>
> 	Mind you, I am not contradicting any of the above -- though I
>  do confess to being confused. If the libraries are always built with
>  libc5, then would there not be problems with stuff linked with libc6?
>  When do we migrate to libc6? Is there a need for compat libraries?
>
> 	manoj
>  who clearly fails to understand the issue at hand

Methinks you misunderstand.  The problematic package is xlib6, which
is supposed to have libc5-based libraries in /usr/lib/libc5-compat.
It IS the compat package.  The xlib6g (notice the G) package has the
libc6-based libraries that go in /usr/X11R6/lib.  AFAICT, the xlib6g
package is fine.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road