Re: The UNIX/Linux representative at Monday's Netscape compile..

Will Lowe wrote:
> >  If the Open Software Community
> > develops a better (than the existing Communicator mail client, that is) mail
> > client (that is cross platform blah blah blah), I am sure it will be
> > included in the "branded" release.
> Doubt it,  since the Open Software Community's version is likely to be GPL
> or NPL,  and netscape therefore couldn't release it as a branded product

By "branded" product I am referring to Netscape Communicator Standard
edition.  Netscape will release Netscape Communicator Standard Edition
free.  Netscape plans to sell Netscape Communicator Professional Edition.
Standard Edition is browser+news+mail.  Professional edition has things like
Calendar, Host On Demand etc.  Maybe I should have said "certified" and not
"branded".

Besides, NPL version 0.95 says that if contributions by developers are under
NPL, Netscape would (various ifs applying) roll it into the Netscape
released version of the product.

Thaths
--
                The truth is not out there