Re: Backspace bug

Christian Leutloff said:

> This is not a pain only in quake. It is commonly used for navigation
> in a text editor to move to the next word, i.e. all the emacsen are
> supporting this feature. Users who know Win* will expect the
> Ctrl-Arrow keys to work in a similar fashion.
>
> IMHO the fvwm design is broken to grab such important and commonly
> used key strokes for a rarely (but important) used function. The
> solution would be that there is *one* key to move the focus to the
> desktop. Then you can use the arrow key to move to an other virtual
> desktop.

Agreed. I guess I just never realized it was the upstream default since
the *other distributions* I've used for several years did not retain
those key definitions. Anyways, it's just as easy to leave the
system.fvwmrc alone and override it in a local .fvwmrc which is what
I've done for the time being.

Cheers,
Rich