Died and went to 7734

I reported spurious interrupt problems a few weeks ago. Well, it got much
worse. By Monday of last week (16 March) the machine could no longer get
to the drive. It took me til Saturday to get a new mother board, only to
discover that my two main drives were FUBAR. I have a new drive coming
tomorrow, but I have lost everything on those drives, which is everything
Debian. I have plenty of backups on CD but my toaster has chosen to die as
well, so I will be recovering off of the net for a while, once I can get
ppp up and running. I seem to be having a problem with the modem as well
(when it rains it pours), so I am currently working from my second machine
through a simple dialup to my ISP.

It appears that I have lost all of my mail (that wasn't backed up) so
please, if you have an outstanding conversation with me, try to pick back
up where we left off.

Even with Murphy on my shoulder, I should be back up to full speed by the
weekend, and have every intention of getting glibc 2.0.7pre2 out this
weekend, if possible.

BTW, I was a bit surprised to see that the "wars" haven't quieted down
yet. I will be much happier when there are more messages about technical
problems than about "family squabbles".

Swimming in the deep end,

Dwarf
--