Re: hamm directory

On Sat, Mar 21, 1998 at 12:00:29PM -0800, Guy Maor wrote:

> Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:
>
> > It's not needed during freeze, so why wasting disk space?  Maybe
> > Guy's removing them during freeze, I dunno.
>
> I was planning to copy them over only on the release.  Is there any
> reason to do it earlier?

IMHO, the only difference between the last frozen and the first stable
release should be the symlink frozen->hamm versus stable->hamm.  If there do
happen to be any problems replacing the 'bo' symlinks with the real files
(unlikely, but...) I'd rather have them now then at release time.

Imagine what would have happened if we had removed the "buggy packages" just
before release, instead of just before freeze time!  It wasn't supposed to
cause as much trouble as it did, but it caused trouble anyway.

Have fun,

Avery