Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Hamm

On Fri, Mar 20, 1998 at 03:07:04AM -0500, Brian White wrote:
> 19336: java-cup         - java-cup: no-copyright-file LI#71 [9]  (Vincent Renardias <vincent@waw.com>)

The current upstream maintainer is asking the original author about
the copyright on this one and getting back to me; there's nothing
in the upstream archive nor their web page about copyright.

> 19337: javalex          - javalex: no-copyright-file LI#72 [9]  ()

I uploaded a fix and it's been installed. But since it's an NMU,
what to do about this bug? Just downgrade it to normal and leave it open?
Weren't we to have a `fixed' severity for this? OTOH the last
update was nearly 12 months ago so perhaps the maintainer is MIA.
If so I will claim temporary maintainership to close the bug.

> 19791: findutils        - findutils: use of /tmp/*$$ in an insecure fashion [0]  (Kevin Dalley <kevind@rahul.net>)
> 19792: gnuplot          - gnuplot: use of /tmp/*$$ in an insecure fashion [0]  (tibor simko <simko@debian.org>)
>  (Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org>)
> 19794: gzip             - gzip: use of /tmp/*$$ in an insecure fashion [0]  (Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>)

Odd, my name seems to appear here without a corresponding bug report.

thanks
Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt       Mobile: +61 412 011 176       hamish@rising.com.au

Rising Software Australia Pty. Ltd.
Developers of music education software including Auralia & Musition.
31 Elmhurst Road, Blackburn, Victoria Australia, 3130
Phone: +61 3 9894 4788  Fax: +61 3 9894 3362  USA Toll Free: 1-888-667-7839
Internet: http://www.rising.com.au/