Re: Initial draft proposed consitutution (v0.1)

john@dhh.gt.org writes ("Re: Initial draft proposed consitutution (v0.1)"):
> The expulsion of a developer is a serious matter which should not be done
> by an appointed official.  The Leader could perhaps have the power to
> temporarily suspend a developer's privileges in an emergency, but the final
> decision should be made by vote.  The membership should also have the power
> to overrule the appointment of a developer.

They already have this power, and effectively the leader's power to
suspend a developer is already only temporary.  The developers always
have the power to overrule _any_ decision by the the leader or a
delegate.

Do you think that requiring sqrt(n)/2 seconders for a motion to
overrule the delegates' decision to expel a developer is unreasonable
?  It seems to me that a motion which would be likely to pass would
have no trouble getting the required number of seconders.

Ian.