Re: gtk-dev package bug?

On Thu, Mar 19, 1998 at 01:24:10PM -0800, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     Marcelo> Ok. I'm not looking at you. I have my eyes closed. Ho peI
>     Marcelo> xan type thid... ;-)
>
>     Marcelo> But when you say "that's where they want it"... do you
>     Marcelo> mean it's impossible to change? Is it hardcoded? Also,
>     Marcelo> glib means... ???  gtk lib?
>
> I've been told it's in /usr/lib/glib/ because it's become
> architecture-dependant.

Ahm, uhm, ahhhh. Are include files architecture independent in general?
I think I missed that one...

(Disclaimer: I can hardly program --- it was not a rhetoric question. But I
wonder about /usr/include/asm and why we have /usr/share...)

> The explanation of moving it is in the GTK list archives,
> at http://www.findmail.com/listsaver/gtk-list/3511.html

I can't read it at the moment, but I will check it soon...

> I'm getting the feeling that moving it was a BIG mistake..
> shall I move it to /usr/include? :/

Probably.

Wait for some input from more experienced people.

Oh, ps: gtk-- is up and running with gtk 0.99.7. I uploaded a new version
for frozen and hamm this evening.

Marcus