Re: icmp-logger virtual package

Michael Meskes <meskes@topsystem.de> writes:

> If they are more or less the same, why do we need both packages?

As far as I am aware this has never been a criterion. We offer at least
four different mail transport agents which are `more or less the same',
to the extent that they all fulfil roughly the same function and do it
quite reasonably at that. We also offer various C/C++ compilers and lots
of different flavours of Emacs and vi.

As long as it is not obvious which of the packages in question is
superior, and as long as there are maintainers willing to work on them,
I don't see anything wrong with offering a choice.

Anselm
Has anyone figured out how to do software right yet?        --- Stewart Fleming