Re: Are we in this for ourselves?

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Anthony Fok wrote:
> If it is not too late, please reconsider your decision.  You are a great
> leader.  Let's help spread the good news of Debian to the world.  :-)

What, as leader, does Bruce actually do?  I personally disagree that this
is a "hobby" distribution.  If Bruce isn't an appropriate manager at this
point in developement, let him appoint someone who can manage such large
scale project.

Someone said earlier they haven't been to Sunsite in over a year.  This is
ditto for me.  Debian has had everything I needed, and more so every time
I turn around.  Our wealth of packages hardly rates us as a "hobby"
distribution.  And so what if this is a hobby distribution?  We do things
for ourselves, and share them in the hopes that others will benefit
equally by them.  History has shown the volunteer work not done by those
with an interest in the end product, usually sucks.

Cheers.  And if this is a rat pack, well, I'll reconsider becoming a
developer, which had occured to me more than once :p

Jonathan