Re: Bug Terrorism and 'move xpm' - statement

On Tue, Mar 17, 1998 at 04:32:59AM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> > We have a few standard directories for executables. Should we put all the
> > scripts and things that are currently under /usr/lib/$(package) into them?
> > Of course we don't. They're not of any use to the user and would cause
> > namespace pollution. Why do you think pixmaps are any different?
>
> And, based on that, heres an idea: put the icons into
> /usr/X11R6/icons/$(package), except for the "system"
> icons, just put them in /usr/X11R6/icons

Why? We don't put scripts called by a particular package in
/usr/bin/$(package), we put them in /usr/lib/$(package) or
/usr/lib/$(package)/bin.

> Icons that come with windowmanagers would not be considered
> "system" icons.  Anyone else?

Er, the ones that come with windowmanagers are precisely the ones that
should be! (They're the ones users are going to want to use as icons for
things etc)