sysvinit & kbd

Hi,

 last week I installed kbd 0.94-5, which deleted without confirmation
 the file keymaps.sh and another one (I just forgot its name). kbd uses
 a new file called keymaps instead.

 When I installed sysvinit 2.74-1 yesterday, it deleted the new 'keymaps'
 file and all links to it from the rc directories (again without
 confirmation), thus leaving me with a wrong keyboard mapping after reboot.

 Which package and which file should contain the keyboard configuration
 (ie the loadkey line) and why is this screwed up? Is it just a new
 bug or may there be another problem?

 Thank you for your help,

  Ulf