Re: Lintian bug-reports

Hi,
	This is a matter of opinion, so I'll be brief. I personally
 think that I like linitian reporting bugs, even if I do not agree
 with lintian about the severity; It causes no harm: I definitely
 shall upload new versions before release; and that should again make
 my packages viable.

	As to the md5sums thing; the whole reason seems to be to have
 that to enable people to check the package; ie. it is a
 security/integrity checking measure. As such, I think an error there
 is indeed serious.

	There was no reason to include the md5sums file -- but if it
 is included, and indeed fails the md5sum check, I sha;ll be
 suspicious.

	manoj

--
 "Infidels in all ages have battled for the rights of man, and have at
 all times been the fearless advocates of liberty and justice." Robert