Re: Problem with update-rc.d

Miquel van Smoorenburg writes:
 > Ah, you probably copied things around or restored them from a backup
 > so that the relative links got converted to absolute links (which is bad).

Don't think it would be the only reason.  I had this problem some time
ago, but didn't have time to investigate, so I used "symlinks" to fix
that.  I had no other problem since then.

Maybe old versions of update-rc.d did it that way ?  Then the latest
should take care of that.  (my install originally was a 1.1 system,
and upgraded quite frequently with unstable releases).

--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: