Re: Currrent plan with kerberos, package divisions and compilation options

"Darren/Torin/Who Ever..." <torin@daft.com> writes:
> Greg Stark, in an immanent manifestation of deity, wrote:
> >I plan to compile the package without AFS or OTP support unless people say
> >they want either of them. If I compile them then then everyone has to install
> >the shared libraries they produce since they're used by the user binaries.
>
> >The remaining options are
> > --disable-mmap
> > --with-cracklib
> > --enable-random-mkey
>
> I don't know that I'd actually use kerberos, so I might not have much to
> say about this.  But if I did, I'd want both cracklib and OTP compiled
> into it.

Well, we didn't have a cracklib package until after I sent that. I just
updated my available list, and lo and behold it appeared. I can compile with
it, but then everyone will need cracklib installed to run a kdc. I guess that
isn't a big deal.

I can compile in OTP support, i was mainly just worried about addition
potential for conflicts. I guess with a k in front it's not much of a problem.

I think i'll also compile with AFS support after all, it seems it still
generates and needs libkafs even if you disable it, so the only difference is
it actually tries to work if you enable it.

greg