Re: Volunteer software efforts ...

On Sat, Mar 14, 1998 at 12:27:34PM +0900, Richard G. Roberto wrote:
> I think lofty goals like "world domination" aren't achieveable with
> messages like "please use our software to run your business
> and sustain your livelihood, but don't have any expectations
> whatsoever and don't think you're entitled to depend on it
> for anything".  That is childish and that's what will keep
> free software on the back burner.

I have a problem with this attitude.  Have you (re)read your commercial
licenses lately? I'd be surprised I they'd promised you a working product
where you can sue the vendor for...

(I've just reread M$ copyright manual for MS-DOS 5.0 and they don't
 guarantuee anything either, they basically just refund what you
 paid for...)

Free software is just more honest, you don't have to read several pages
until you get the clue.

David
--
David Frey (B98D36A9) = 51F35923114FC864 7D05FF173C61EFDE
  -- Henry Spencer