Re: Intend to add PreDepends: to kbd

James Troup writes:
 > Yann Dirson <ydirson@a2points.com> writes:
 >
 > > As an information, I intend to add the following line to kbd's
 > > "control" file:
 > >
 > > PreDepends: dpkg (>= 1.4.0.21)
 >   ^^^^^^^^^^ <-- Should be Pre-Depends

Yes.

 > > This is because I use in postinst the new "runlevel S" feature of
 > > update-rc.d.
 >
 > You don't need a Pre-Depends for something you use in a postinst, just
 > declaring a dependency should be sufficient.  (dpkg won't try to
 > configure kbd before dpkg >= 1.4.0.21 is unpacked, thus the new
 > update-rc.d will be available).

Yes, you're right.

I was told, however, that dpkg (> 1.4.0.19) was not available on
m68k.  Can anyone tell me if there's work on this ?  It should really
be made available for 2.0 !
--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: