Anyone in touch with upstream brec/bplay authors?

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but is anyone in touch with the
upstream maintainers of brec/bplay?  I havn't had and luck trying to reach
davidm@cs.usyd.edu.au about some things in brec/bplay that don't work
right (for me).  I have looked at the (relatively short) source and don't
see any effort being made to honor the timing options (-j and -J), though
I havn't done much actual programming and could be mssing something. I
would like to get this program working, since it seems to me to represent
a nice addition to the unix toolbox (where sound in used).  With -j and -J
offset options working and an option to play to a file (or to stdout, if
it isn't heresy to send sampled data there) brec/bplay would be very
useful in a number of simple shell scripts I have thought of.

Britton Kerin
__
GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."
(above sig assumed GPL'd when found)