Re: new virtual package request

On Tue, Mar 10, 1998 at 02:45:00PM -0500, Shaleh wrote:
> I am packaging a library called imlib (image library).  This library can
> use giflib which is in non-free.  I would like to make a imlib-free and
> a imlib-nonfree, both of which provide "imlib".  Any suggstions or
> comments welcome.  Thank you.

Unless I'm mistaken, you can call the free one just imlib
and imlib-nonfree can Provide: imlib. This way the dependencies
are satisfied okay. Virtual package names are needed when a lot of
packages provide the same functionality, so that other packages
who need those do not need to list every possibility.

hamish