Re: HAMM FREEZE IS ONE WEEK AWAY

Guy Maor wrote:

> Are the other archs really ready for primetime?

Speaking for the Alpha, we could probably give you a better answer to
this question if we get some time to catch up on compilation of
packages.  I haven't had the time to resolve boot disk issues, etc.
since packages are being updated at a rate of approx 150/week (on a slow
UDB, believe me, these things take time to compile).

Plus, there are still ALOT of packages that are going to need personal
attention to compile on the Alpha.  They will also obviously generate
some bug reports.....and the chain goes on....

Give me a week or so of "freeze" time and I will probably be able to
answer the question of "are we ready for prime time" more fairly :-)

Chris