Re: sp new version [was Re: HAMM FREEZE IS ONE WEEK AWAY]

On 7 Mar 1998, Mark W. Eichin wrote:

> I still think the *right* way to do it is to do one package, jade,
> since it builds the latest versions of everything, jade, sp, spam,
> spent, ngmls...  if you're up to that, and especially if Susan is out
> of the picture, go right ahead and take it over...

Adam, please go ahead and do so, i.e., package the new jade and include sp
there. I volunteered to take over sp, but I a) haven't had the time
(there's a pesky bug, wishlist, I think) b) haven't had the resources.
Producing a static library (with debugging symbols) out of sp means a lot
of disk space (more than 50 MB) and the resulting library is huge. Not
counting that detail, it compiles just fine. I managed to produce a shared
library, but the binaries kept crashing. (Has anyone noticed that the sp
binary is over 1 MB in size?)

			Marcelo