Re: HAMM FREEZE IS ONE WEEK AWAY

> > Just a reminder to everyone that, barring exceptional circumstances, Hamm
> > will be frozen on March 16th.  I will be restricting uploads at that point
> > to bug-fixes only.  I'll also be removing all non-essential packages that
> > still have critical, grave, or important bugs open.
> >
> > Please try to clean up any outstanding bugs so we can have a reasonably
> > clean system for the testing group to work on.
>
> Two notes to the code-freeze:
>
> 1.  It's important that we get all orphaned packages out of the archive
> when doing the freeze since a release should not contain orphaned
> packages. I was planning to set up the Developer DB to simplify this
> process, but I guess we won't get it up and running and filled with data
> so we could use this within one week.

I'm going to move all those packages into project/orphaned at the same
time as the freeze.  The same goes for any non-essential package with
critical, grave, or important bugs open.

> Here is a list of tags which I would consider as `important', thus
> `release-critical.' (The numbers indicate how many packages currently are
> affected.)
>
> N:    bad-link-to-undocumented-manpage(7)
> N:    control-file-has-bad-owner(12)
> N:    debmake-templates-in-copyright(7)
> N:    file-in-usr-local(1)
> N:    ldconfig-symlink-missing-for-shlib(8)
> N:    libc5-binary(66)
> N:    md5sum-mismatch(4)
> N:    md5sums-lists-nonexisting-file(63)
> N:    no-copyright-file(178)
> N:    special-file(1)

The only one I think we should leave is the "libc5-binary" one.  Sometimes
it can't be recompiled because of incompatibilities with the current libc6.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )