Re: Hamm Boot disks

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I had a chance to try the hamm boot disks today, they sure are nice, but I
> had a serious problem - they crashed right after unpacking the base
> archive, the dinstall process just hung. Rebooting after that resulting in
> a non-working boot. (Missing consoles, other errrors)

   I found that if you wait long enough (hours?), whatever is running
finishes.  You restart at the Color/Monochrome screen, and can continue
from there.

   The keyboard screen also caught me the first time through.  Unlike most
other menus, you have to hit Tab to get to the OK button.  Hitting return
on the desired keyboard didn't end the screen.  It wasn't until my second
install that I noticed this, and could follow the Next progression
automatically.

-Drake