Re: autoup.sh

Matt Thompson <mattyt@oz.net> writes:
> Thanks for the help on that. :)  Is there going to be a short description
> of the instructions you just gave to go with the script at the Debian
> site?  I was unable to figure out how to get it to work until I read your
> post about getting libc5, then running the script to find that it was
> looking for libc5 in .../oldlibs.
>
> Just a short note like:
>
> 'Before running the script, download libc5_5.4.38-1.deb from
> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/hamm/hamm/binary-i386/oldlibs and put it in
> /var/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/oldlibs.'

     I don't expect those instructions to be posted on the debian
site, since they are a work-around for a bug in the script.  I am
expecting a fixed version of the script to be posted soon.

     Keep in mind that autoup.sh is a work in progress.  If and when
it is released as part of the 2.0 distribution there will be a HOWTO
or README explaining how to use it.  (I say "if" because some
developers are hoping to give dselect the capability to handle this
upgrade before the release date.)
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@metrolink.net>