Re^4: why ddd-?motif are gone from archive?

Am 06.03.98 schrieb sr1 # os.inf.tu-dresden.de ...

Moin Sven!

SR> > That#s not true.
SR> This depends on the choosen definition of "not that many" (BTW: Above
SR> I'm talking about Linux, and in addition I don't count bootlegs.) I'd

Remember that a lot of people bought a Motif Runtime version to use the
first betas of Star Office 3.1! And some other distributions are sold with
CDE (alias Motif 1.2); for example DLD.

SR> (Here I have about twenty computers and one Motif licence. So a
SR> -dmotif package is useless on most computers.)

But we should offer the choice between Motif and lesstif!

SR> > If the maintainer doesn#t own a Motif license he can#t maintain the
SR> > package.
SR> Even when it works fine with lesstif? Again: Why?

If I would own a Motif license I wouldn#t use lesstif programs (memory,
problems).

SR> > I (and a lot of users) don#t have a problem to use commercial programs.
SR> Others supposedly do. For those I provided above reasoning.

It#s ok to move Motif programs to contrib.

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.de           Fido: 2:240/5202.15
Mailbox: mbudde@hqsys.antar.com    http://www.tu-harburg.de/~semb2204/