Re: Intent to package proj -- coyright question

On Thu, Mar 05, 1998 at 08:11:29AM -0600, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> > 17 USC 105 is not valid in any EU country, so we end with a package
> > _without_ copyright clause, without explicit grant to "public domain"
> > (which is required AFAIK).
> > Is that software "all rights reserved" outside USA?
> That would appear to be the case.  idiotic, isn't it?  Another reason why
> compulsory copyright is a bad idea.

Someone should look this up.  From my memory, and from just checking the
"Copyright FAQ" (sec 3.6) us gov. works _are_ public domain.

Someone shold check this out more thouroughly, though.
The sun's not eternal
   That's why there's the blues...
     -- Ginsburg