Re: Possible new name for "deity"

> Consider how silly a lesser, but more familiar designation sounds:
> it's not Emacs any longer, it's Saint Emacs!
>
> I think most Polytheistic people would probably be bothered by admitting
> a program to the rank of Deity, as well.

Big deal.  What about all us people who are bothered by having to make
everything "politically correct"?  How do we please them and those that
want everything politically correct at the same time.  You are _not_
going to be able to please everyone and, frankly, I don't give the desires
of the guy who won't "chmod 666" a whole lot of weight in the matter.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )