Re: scores file - how to fix?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: scores file - how to fix?
- From: email@example.com (Richard Braakman)
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 20:55:11 +0100 (CET)
- Message-id: <m0y9bIv-001NHbC@night>
- In-reply-to: <19980301204135.53544@wyvern> from Adrian Bridgett at "Mar 1, 98 08:41:35 pm"
Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> then you will need to remove the file and the directory. (If you include the
> directory in the .deb, then it isn't removed as the high-score is still in it
> when the directory is deleted (2), which occurs before the postrm removes
> the score file (6)):
> remove & purge
> 1. prerm remove
> 2. The package's files are removed (except conffiles).
> 3. postrm remove
> 4. All the maintainer scripts except the postrm are removed.
> purge only
> 5. The conffiles and any backup files (~-files, ...) are removed.
> 6. postrm purge
> The scores (and directory if appropriate) should only be removed when the
> postrm is called with "purge".
Hm. Does that mean ugly warnings from dpkg every time the game is purged?
Perhaps I could also create the directory in the postinst.
Thanks for the info, though :)
(And I think "selectian" would be a very nice name for deity :-)
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .