Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before freezing Hamm

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> > it is there specifically for bugs that are important enough to
> > stop the release of hamm.
>
> No, important bugs against a given package make *the package*
> unsuitable for release, not the entire hamm distribution.

Duh. Okay, I'll try again:

important bugs are those which make the package broken enough that
they should not be in the distribution at release time
(release-critical), they should be either fixed or removed from the
distribution prior to release.

However certain packages can not just be removed from the distribution
(e.g. dpkg, sysvinit, etc. and pseudo packages, e.g. bugs.debian.org,
ftp.debian.org).

As bugs.debian.org is obviously non-removable, I thought it would be
obvious what I meant.  Again, my mistake.  But my point is that
important is not a generic in-between level to normal and grave, and
that as far as I can see is what you are using it for.

It was implemented as a level to help in tracking release-critical
bugs, and asking Brian to make exceptions to using it for doing that
is just trying to get round your misuse of `important'.

But, whatever, I give up.

--
James