Re: hamm upgrade using dselect

On 24 Feb 1998, Guy Maor wrote:

> It looks like you use the dpkg-ftp backend?  That backend *DOES* *NOT*
> handle predependencies correctly with dpkg --predep-package.

   What exactly does dpkg --predep-package return?  I haven't found
documentation on it yet.  I would assume it returns a space separated list
of package names that must be installed next, until it returns nothing and
the Predependencies are all satisfied.  I wouldn't want to write code
based on that assumption though.

--
Dr. Drake Diedrich, Research Officer - Computing, (02)6279-8302
John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University 0200