KDE and Debian

Is there a chance to see KDE in near future in Debian (is anybody working on
it)?

My opinion about the KDE project:

I noticed, that a remarkable fraction of c.o.l.a. were KDE programs in the
past few days. I think it would be a great improvement of debian, if we would
have KDE. Although it is convenient for experts like debian developers to
configure programs via dot-files, it is not for beginners. I think in the
meantime linux is used more and more by non-experts (judging after the
postings I see in the German debian list and many newsgroups).

I do neither want to break a discussion about the licensing issues of qt nor
about the gnome project (I did not see any gnome live sign in the last few
weeks in c.o.l.a.).
--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de