Re: GNUstep and /usr/GNUstep...

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:

[snip]
> The main strength of this concept is that cross-platform issues are
> really transparent to the developer and user. In principle, a very
> heterogenous set of machines could still share one single common
> directory tree, and installation and removal of packages and libraries
> is always a task of installing or removing a single directory. This is a
> situation that FSSTND doesn't get explicit about.

Do you know if FHS would improve the situation for GNUstep? We already
decided to switch to FHS for Debian 2.1, but to stay with FSSTND for 2.0.

[snip]
> Therefore I agree that putting the packages with the current GNUstep
> layout into contrib seems most reasonable.

Ok.

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/