announcement: lintian 0.2 package released

Hi folks!

I've just uploaded the first release of the `lintian' package to master.
If you find any problems or if you have any suggestion, please send me a
note. Comments are always welcomed!

In addition, I've just updated the Lintian home page at

    http://www.painters.schwarz-online.com/~schwarz/lintian/

Here is the summary (the numbers in parenthesis are the changes):

  Maintainers listed:       218   (-2)
  Source packages listed:  1032  (-83)
  Binary packages listed:  1402  (-95)
  Warnings:               11677 (-847)
  Errors:                 32302  (-43)

Note, that I've also written a few more checks, so it's actually great
result that the numbers are decreasing already!!

Here are the new checks:

  * Improved `files' check! New tags:
      package-installs-into-etc-rc.d
      non-standard-file-permissions-for-etc-init.d-script

  * New check for /etc/init.d scripts! Tags:
      duplicate-updaterc.d-calls-in-postinst
      output-of-updaterc.d-not-redirected-to-dev-null
      preinst-calls-updaterc.d
      duplicate-updaterc.d-calls-in-postrm
      prerm-calls-updaterc.d
      postrm-does-not-call-updaterc.d-for-init.d-script
      postrm-contains-additional-updaterc.d-calls
      file-in-etc-rc.d-marked-as-conffile
      init.d-script-not-marked-as-conffile
      init.d-script-does-not-implement-required-option
      init.d-script-not-included-in-package
      unregistered-script-in-etc-init.d

Cheers,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com