How to use libc5-altdev?

I searched the docs and anything that came with libc*, but did not find
the answer. libc5-altdev says in it's description:

  This package can be used to build libc5-base binaries
  even when the libc6-dev package is installed

But How? All I get are programs linked against libc6.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *