Re: printing .pdf files

On Thu, Feb 12, 1998 at 01:15:06AM -0800, Matt Thompson wrote:

> I hope the cross-posting is OK.  I'm running a fully-updated hamm system
> and wasn't sure if one was more correct than the other.
>
> I was trying to print out my tax forms with Acrobat Reader.  I have an HP
> DJ660Cse, with magicfilter, djtools and GV installed.  I was able to
> print:
>
> ftp://ftp.fedworld.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040a.pdf
>
> without incident, but when I tried to print:
>
> ftp://ftp.fedworld.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdg

I find that printing from Acroread produces some postscript that ghostscript
doesn't like.  This may be a bug in either package, I don't know.

In any case, ghostscripts starting at about 4.0 (I think) can print pdf
files natively.  Skip the acroread step, and just ghostscript it directly.
(I'm not sure magicfilter can handle this on its own though!)

Good luck,

Avery