Re: over 30000 bugs in our archive (!)

On Mon, Feb 09, 1998 at 03:05:48PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:

>      In certain cases, however, relative links may cause more problems. For
>      example, links into top level directories such as `/etc' and `/var'
>      should be absolute.

It's not the links into the top level directories, but the links _out of_
top level directories that is the problem: a relative link to something in /
would have the same problem.

And links from /usr/local to /usr are likely to cause problems too, though
they're in the same top level directory.

I would say, absolute links should be used for anything likely to be in a
different partition.