Re: over 30000 bugs in our archive (!)

Hi!

Thanks a lot for lintian!

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

>  b. contact each maintainer directly with only the relevant data
>     (that will be 250 short mails--I could handle that)

please do this - and please make lintian available so that each
maintainer can test his package, if he like. Two-four weeks after the
availability of lintian you can/should start filing bug reports
against the packages.

>  3. It should be very easy to fix the bugs reported by lintian. I think we
> should treat packages as `orphaned' (i.e., not actively maintained) if
> these simple bugs are not fixed within a reasonable amount of time (say 4
> weeks). With that, Debian 2.0 will be `Lintian approved' ;-)

That's a good idea to find and mark the orphaned packages, so that our
new maintainers can find useful packages for them to work on
easily. Some (4?) weeks before our code freeze, we should move all
orphaned packages to project/orphaned.

Bye
  Christian

--