Re: base-files 1.6 (source all) uploaded to master

     My root prompt is root:vc-6:~>, which is created by:
PS1='\u:vc-'`ps|cut -c1-9|grep $$|cut -c9`':\w>' While this doesn't
have the hash, it is sufficiently different from the user prompt to
avoid confusion.  I have the PS1 definition in each home directory's
.bash_profile, and .bashrc sources .bash_profile so root's prompt
shows up when I su to root.

     To further distinguish root from user, .bash_profile includes a
setterm statement that makes a user have a blue background a root a
black background.

Bob