Re: splitting experimental by arch?

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> Guy Maor wrote:
> > Probably.  I never expected that there would be so many packages
> > there.  Some developers seem to think that they should upload packages
> > first to there and then to experimental.
>                             (^^^^^^^^^^^^ YM unstable here, right)

Yes.

> Yes, I too had this misconception when I was a newbie developer. Maybe we
> need some documentation added somewhere to discourage it.

Yes, I need to add some stuff to the developer's reference about
things like this.

I once tried to propose one simple rule that a package can't go to
experimental unless there's already a version of it in unstable.  I
was extremely surprised at the very negative reaction, and I backed
down.

Guy