Re: dpkg-ftp 1.4.9.0pre3 for testing (Was: Preparing 1.4.9.1)

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Yann Dirson wrote:

> OK, I seem to have got a working package with most things in.  It
> still misses testing for those firewalls refusing MDTM, but all
> remaining features discussed (and more) seem to be here.

Could you possibly add direct support for authenticated FTP firewalls? I
posted a small hack to debian-user a month or so ago.. It involved putting
these two lines right before the switch to binary mode:
    $ftp->_USER("ftp\@ftp.debian.org");
    $ftp->_PASS("jgg\@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca");
Unfortunately this needs another pair of queries :< The normal
user/pass/site are used to specify the firewall and then another set of
user/pass/site are plugged into the above.

Something to think about,
Jason