Re: libc6-2.0.6-3 breaks multi-threaded programs

On 30 Jan 1998, R. Ganesan wrote:

 : A C++ program which is linked to a multi-threaded C++ library and was
 : working perfectly fine with libc6-2.0.6-2 is now dumping core. The funny
 : thing is that the core dump happens in a call to the stdio libary.
 :
 : A small test program I have that simulates the problem is given below:
 :
 : #include <stdio.h>
 :
 : int
 : main()
 : {
 :     char buf[80];
 :     fgets(buf, 80, stdin);
 :     return 0;
 : }
 :
 : This program was linked with my multi-threaded C++ library, and when I run
 : the program gets a SIGSEGV and the stack trace looks like this:
 :
 : #0  0x4008f95c in pthread_mutex_lock ()
 : #1  0x4009129c in flockfile ()
 : #2  0x40128b53 in fgets ()
 : #3  0x80485a6 in main ()

It's kinda strange - try to compile an _unpatched_ linuxthreads package, and
use that one while running your testprogram. It will work fine :-)

bye, Remco