Re: NEW POLICY ANNOUNCEMENT...was (Re: new upload procedure approved)

> On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Christian Schwarz wrote:
>

> > [snip]
> > > My question is, "Why are you going out of your way to be so difficult?", I
> > > only asked that your annoncement have some information content.
> > >
> > > If you are trying to "put me in my place", it isn't working.
> >
> > I apologize if my last mail was a bit too `harsh'. It was not meant that
> > way.
> >

> With enough harshness to go around, I'm the one who needs to apologize.
> For my part in the harshness, I sincerely apologize.

Am I the only one with tears in his eyes?

I must say I really enjoyed this little soap opera!

First, Dale easily took my heart, and I was shouting "Go for it, Dale"
behind my monitor. (Internet being interactive, I even sent him an
email). Then I heard Christian say that it only took a couple of seconds
to find bug report #17525 -- and I got even more excited: only a couple
of seconds? Not where I stand. I typed "date;lynx www.nl.debian.org;date"
and started surfing. Wouw, this soap is getting more and more interesting!
Now I found out you can now find bugs by typing the number! (Advert time:
New on www.debian.org! Bugs by reference! Free!). In the end, this
is what I get:

rulcmc:~$ date
Fri Jan 30 01:46:30 CET 1998
rulcmc:~$ lynx http://www.nl.debian.org
rulcmc:~$ date
Fri Jan 30 01:47:31 CET 1998

So, no, it's not seconds, but Christian was surprisingly close! Now
I don't know who to morally support any more. But the fight seems to
go on, with Dale quoting old versions of the Policy proposal -- Good Move,
Dale, I like it!

But I didn't even dream for a final end like this! I hate movies without
ending, or even with endings where the Good Guy [TM] gets shot. As both
of characters in this soap were Debian Developpers, both were Good Guys,
so unconsciously I was hoping for an ending like this one. And here
it is! Thank you!

(OK, it's 2:09 Am here. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Please,
send me private email if I did, and I'll try to make up).

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

The upstream maintainer is allowed to do things different
than Debian, but only if he has good reasons to do so.