Re: Mailing list policy (stats)

Arto Astala wrote:
<snip>

> 3) project management issues should be taken out of
>    debian-devel (= copyrights & sections, developer
>    management, release management)

They would still need to be posted to a list to which all developers are
subscribed.

<snip>
> What I propose should be done about all this:
>
> a) use faq-o-matiq for unstable usage issues
>
> b) create debian-unstable (or whatever) and
>    have description say that check faq-o-matiq
>    before posting and have this description
>    on web page, in subscription confirmation
>    and posted weekly

I agree, but I think same should be done with stable user support.
faqomatic can support those users as well.

> c) use faq-o-matiq for wnpp & related issues

i don't know how good this will work.  faqomatic is not designed for this kind
of work.  I say wnpp should be left as is.

> d) use faq-o-matiq for developer related issues
>    and have description say that check faq-o-matiq
>    before posting and have this description
>    on web page, in subscription confirmation
>    and posted weekly

yes, the list could certainly benefit from a FAQ.  Hopefully, the debian-user
faqomatic will evolve to become debian-devel faqomatic as well.
However,that kind of information is not high on my todo list for the faqomatic
at this time.  I would be happy if someone stepped up and volunteered to
maintain that part of the faqomatic.

> e) remaind about debian-mentors in all possible places

I think we should make it policy that all user and debian-mentors questions on
debian-devel should be answered privately by redirecting the person to
appropriate list.  This response should NOT be cc'ed to debian-devel.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com