Re: AXP dist available somewhere ?

CLeCann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but I've been told that a DEC
> Alpha computers version of Debian Linux does exists and I couldn't find any
> information about it.
> I do not know Debian yet, but I have already ordered the latest Intel version,
> and will hopefully get it real soon, however I'd like very much being able to
> run it onto an Alpha box.

Yes, actually, we do have a distribution for the Alpha, albeit it's not
complete yet.  It is, however, very usable and stable (been running it
on my UDB for months).  There are just some packages not compiled for it
yet.

If you would like to try it out, you can get it via ftp from
ftp.debian.org (in the hamm directories).  For documentation and other
info on how far along we are in the porting project to the Alpha, you
can consult my web page:
	http://beezer.med.miami.edu:8080/alpha

You can subscribe to that via the Debian web page or through the list
server if you want more info or just want to hear us babble about what
works and what doesn't ;-)

Chris