smail 3.2.100 does not accept local smtp

Hi all!

fetchmail tries to connect via smtp to local smail (well, at the moment, I
use procmail because smail doesn't work), and fails, because smail is not
allowing this. This is some problem with the new anti-relaying options in
smail I don't understand.

The second problem is the default configuration of smailconfig script. I
choose (3) because I am connected to my ISP via PPP. This used to work, but
the directors file uses smartuser and wants to send all local mail to my
isp - not a good idea. Every options I gave to smailconfig (3)  have been
partially incorrect. I now use the directors file of (2) (UUCP and
smarthost) together with the routers file of (3). This was nearly correct, I
had to change the path in routers from doimain name to host name
(ruhr-uni-bochum.de to mailhost.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de to be concrete).

Well, anybody any suggestions?