VA's slowness

I have been looking into va's speed problems and I talked to a few people
here at the Univ (we seem to get especially bad loss) and the general
feeling is that the problem is at MAE-west. Specifically MCI's link to CRL
(one of VA's upstream's) is overloaded and dropping packets.
'ftp.cdrom.com' is connected to the same upstreams as VA is and I have
been informed that they are also having alot of problems (see
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/slow.txt). It sounds like there isn't much chance
of VA getting any better for the people who are experiancing problems for
quite some time.

However, master->va is fairly good, right now I just ssh to master and
then to va, and get fairly good rates.

Thanks
Jason